Pasty Pastels

I was browsing the magazines yesterday and noticed that pastel colour palettes were going to be mega big this season. I absolutely love pasty pastel colours, but as of yet can’t find a very wide selection of things to buy. So seeing that there’s going to be some goodness of this variety hitting the shops soon I got a little bit excited.
Here’s a few images (all taken from Tumblr unless otherwise stated) to get your creative pastel juices flowing.

And here’s a few of my own snaps involving a light pasty colour palette. Both these dresses were from vintage shops.

1. January 17, 2012 / 3:18 am

Pastel colours are always so pretty, I just never know how to wear them haha. Completely love your blog by the way 🙂 x

2. January 14, 2012 / 9:14 pm

It was from a charity shop in the little town of Leek! It's like proper vintage old too! Slightly tight but I can't deal with it!

3. Sam
    January 14, 2012 / 4:40 pm

Terri, where did you get that vintage dress from? Love it! I;m a fan of pastels. Esp. in nail varnish it's lovely.

4. January 11, 2012 / 8:35 am

Pastels are so pretty! But I'm with Rachael – I'm almost ghostly pale most days and don't think I could pull off pastel coloured outfits!

Here's hoping they do come out with some slightly darker pastel hues that work for us pale people!! hehe

Em 🙂
    x

5. January 10, 2012 / 2:22 pm

To be honest I was surprised I could pull off my pale blue shirt dress! But somehow did (I think anyway you might not think so! :p)
    It's a bit like nude tones. I love them and see so many things I wish I could get away with but the colours aren't quite right, then you find ONE slightly different tone which is perfect. Hopefully the trend will throw up some slightly different hues to suit everyone!

6. January 10, 2012 / 2:09 pm

That cat is stylin'! And loving your shirt dress, too.

I just don't think I can handle pastels. I thought the same last S/S when they tried to make us wear 'ice cream' shades. It feels too girly girly and also not mature. Ooh I dunno. Give me three weeks and I'll be lusting after peach chiffon!

7. January 10, 2012 / 1:36 pm

I love pastel colours but they seem to drown me out sadly, they seem too pale for me to pull off.

8. January 10, 2012 / 1:09 pm

Beautiful photos 🙂

Holli x
    Dragonmommy123.blogspot.com
    Enter my giveaway!

9. January 10, 2012 / 12:21 pm

She always has to stick her cute little kitty nose in the picture!
    I know what you mean it seems a bit overly girly which isn't me, but I'm so drawn to it for some reason!

10. January 10, 2012 / 12:19 pm

I'm not 100% set on pastels as a trend, but I love the bird cage necklace! 🙂

I also love your cat in the last photo, so so cute!

ablogforeveryday.blogspot.com