Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW foundation

Apart from a lovely Afternoon Tea with Benefit the other day, I also got to take home some of their new Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation a few days before the release date (which is the 31st eep!)
We got colour matched by the awesome Head Make Up Artist for Benefit – Lisa Potter Dixon. She certainly knew her stuff and could colour match anyone at ten paces it seems. I turned out to be the second to lightest one ‘I’m pure 4 sure’
The reason there’s been so much hype around the release of this foundation is because 1. Benefit currently don’t produce a liquid foundation and 2. Because of how amazing the formula is….

They’ve tried to incorporate all the factors real women want from a foundation; luminous skin, healthy looking, dewy, brightening and some sun protection in for good measure. In fact, have a little read for yourself….
 In the box you will also find a sample sachet of the Porefessional primer. I will admit I have tried this before and it’s not for me, I can’t seem to get it to work right! But the reviews are amazing. So don’t let me put you off please!
 The foundation is a lot runnier than expected, reading that it had SPF 25 in I thought it would be an almost gooey consistency but nope! A really light slightly runny liquid. A little goes a long way also and I found that a  only little more than what I’ve swatched on my hand can do most of my face (and I have got some big cheeks I tell ye)
 The coverage of the foundation is buildable, I’m a heavy coverage kind of girl because I have quite an uneven skin tone, but you can easily build this up to a medium coverage in as little as two coats (two coats? I sound like a painter and decorator) I think it will take me a few days of use to get use to the light feeling and coverage as I do tend to like to FEEL my make up haha.
 Overall an amazing foundation for the summer months, I recommend we all try it. Don’t be scared to head to your local Benefit counter just to get colour matched at least! As I’ve mentioned before I am so scared of approaching make up counters but Benefit has such a unique ethos and brand in comparison to other premium make up ranges. I’ll also add that I have used my fingers to apply this but I should really invest in a brush. I think this is the type of foundation that would definitely look better when used with the right tools for the job. I am ye of little funds though so if you have a recommendation for a cheap(ish) foundation or stippling brush then let me know!
PS – here’s an update of MY FACE after wearing Hello Flawless since 9am (time now is 4pm) I’ve been sat in the sun ALL DAY and it seems to be just as fresh as it was when first applied, good huh? I could probably do with a touch of lip balm and a visit to a Benefit Brow Bar by the looks of it though!

This was a complimentary gift but does not sway my opinion at all.

1. April 15, 2012 / 6:13 am

oh my goodness, even for those of "ye little funding", this is a must 🙂 you really don't feel it! at all! and it provides just enough coverage and brightens your skin. it's beautiful. best of all, if you have dry skin, it doesn't make it look even dry-er, which has been a major issue for me. and isn't benefit awesome? 😉

2. April 1, 2012 / 5:45 pm

I'm pretty much a Benefit virgin…I think any Benefit products I own were freebies from Glamour magazine…but I picked up this foundation yesterday and I'm ridiculously excited by it! So far it's working well with my dry skin, and I'm looking forward to testing this out on a normal work day to see just how long lasting it is x

3. March 31, 2012 / 7:03 pm

ooh this looks pretty good! x

4. March 31, 2012 / 6:21 pm

It looks amazing on you! I was intrigued by this product but I was worried that the coverage would be too light and that it wouldn't be that long lasting (I'm a Double Wear girl). But it looks so nice on you, you have swayed me! xx

5. March 30, 2012 / 10:43 pm

I just bought this today and I am in love! As soon as I got in I tried it on with my real techniques buffing brush. After using mac studio sculpt for so long it was a relief to have something light and fresh on my face!! Love it!cxx

6. March 30, 2012 / 8:25 am

I've heard so many things about this foundation, I can't wait to try it! Great review by the way 🙂 x

7. March 29, 2012 / 6:55 pm

Good lord you are pretty!

• March 29, 2012 / 7:10 pm

Oh my, thank you very much *blush*

8. March 29, 2012 / 5:28 pm

That sounds like a really good foundation, and she defiantly chose the right colour to match your skin… which looks flawless btw xx

• March 29, 2012 / 7:10 pm

Rare that my skin does look flawless! I have quite a lot of spots under there y'know! 🙂

9. March 29, 2012 / 1:20 pm

I got a sample the other week but the woman colour matched completely wrong! I really liked the formula but it was so dark.
    x

• March 29, 2012 / 1:32 pm

Oh thats not good! They colour matched us from our chin but said the usual way is the jaw line which does tend to match people darker….!

10. March 29, 2012 / 12:37 pm

This sounds like everything i want in a foundation. It's nice to see theyve got a good shade range too! x

• March 29, 2012 / 1:34 pm

The shade range is great, I was surprised I'm not the lightest shade either!

11. Katie
    March 29, 2012 / 12:30 pm

Thanks, really want to get this foundation so good to read your review. I always think the e.l.f brushes are quite good value http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk – they do a foundation brush (£1.50), angled foundation brush (£3.50) and a stipple brush (£3.50)
    -x-

• March 29, 2012 / 1:33 pm

Awesome I'll check them out.

12. Anonymous
    March 29, 2012 / 12:25 pm

It sounds like you had a good time and for someone to be able to match your skin tone so quickly is amazing and a necessity. I am going to go to the benefit counter for a match and see what they come up with and will most probably buy – it has all the elements that I am looking for in a foundation. I have a Benefit foundation brush after using fingers for years and I was quite sceptical at first but now I wouldn't be without it, it gives a much better finish 🙂

• March 29, 2012 / 1:33 pm

It certainly was a great to attend.

13. March 29, 2012 / 10:59 am

grea review… And yes…luminous, dewy and healthy looking skin… this is what I want! 🙂 this foundation is defo on my list… bought the other the higlighter Watts up… and I so love it! If you want to invest in a good foundation brush then I highly can recommend a stipling brush… it will really give you flawless results! x Marina

• March 29, 2012 / 1:32 pm

Yes I've been looking at stippling brushes as foundation brushes seem too soft for my liking.