Bargain Hunt: £1 Fish £1 Fishhhhh

Well spotted, it’s not a £1 fish I’m writing about today. It’s a £1 hair product instead. I spied this in the local 99p store a few months ago and didn’t bother picking it up as I had shampoo and conditioner coming out of my ears at that point. But then I noticed it in Home Bargains too recently for £1 (I know, a whole penny more expensive) and decided to give it a whirl. I’ve got to admit, my expectations were pretty low, but the packaging itself actually looks like that of a product costing a little bit more the just £1 when you look at it.

Like always, with these budget buys which contain a special ingredient that is the talk of the beauty world, I’m expecting comments telling me that the amount of the oils in the product is under 0.0001% and it’s rubbish. Well to be honest, I don’t care how much of whatever oils or ingredients are in this, because for a quid, it’s bloody brilliant! When I rinse it out my hair instantly feels super silky. I’ve not used additional oils or products after I’ve washed my hair with this, just so I can gauge it’s goodness – and it’s pretty good. Although I must admit it does make my hair slightly more static, so if you’re prone to that maybe use an additional oil to sort it out.
Another thing I noticed was that this took away a lot of the brassyness from my dip dyed ends. I wasn’t really expecting that but it is something I’ve been meaning to sort out for a while as it’s turning a rather dull shade of orange lately. But with this it’s kind of instantly refreshed it. I did dye my roots recently a red colour and it’s sustained that shade without stripping it. But I did use a new brand of dye so maybe it’s just that the dye it super good as well? Who knows. But on my hair currently it is leaving it revived. shiny and vibrant. It wasn’t until I just looked at this image of the ingredients that I noticed the other things in the conditioner. Coconut Oil and Olive Fruit Oil are also in there, which can’t be bad. But I admit I’ve no idea what half of the other ingredients mean….

Overall 150ml of a conditioner that suits my dry, frizzy, over processed hair for a pound cannot be bad. Not for me anyway. I’ll be picking up the shampoo to match this when I run out too! I do still use my macadamia oil hair masque weekly as a top up of moisture, I’ve also noticed since using that wonder product my hair has finally started to grow again! Woo bloody hoo.

1. March 26, 2013 / 10:24 am

YAY, I saw this in 99p store and passed it over (I have more than enough shampoo & conditioner to get through at the mo') but was interested in how good it was and if I should keep it in mind for my next hair shop – glad you found it and liked it 🙂

2. March 4, 2013 / 9:21 pm

This reminds me of the avon one, literally no argan oil in it most likely but it makes my hair feel so nice! X

3. March 2, 2013 / 9:48 am

It's fine as long as you like it 🙂

• February 25, 2013 / 10:57 pm

Thanks

4. February 22, 2013 / 9:22 pm

The ingredients look surprisingly good, it's reassuring that all the oils are listed towards the top. I have seen high end products with similar claims to have all the silicones and gibberish first, with, like you say, a tiny smidge of the promised oil at the end! Castor oil is meant to be good for hair growth,so this cond looks nice!

• February 25, 2013 / 10:56 pm

I'd rather spend a pound on this than god knows how much on a high end one for the same contents!

• February 25, 2013 / 10:56 pm

Worth a go. No great loss for a pound!

5. February 22, 2013 / 2:42 pm

Omg i soo love this type of post..i feel like im the only one who goes against high street hypes and is really excited by poundland bargains lol 🙂 my latest find was Beauty formulas Tea Treamdeep conditioner, its amazing! And this conditioner seems great too, amazing ingredient list, whch store did u find this. Xx

• February 25, 2013 / 10:55 pm

I'll have to check out the beauty formulas one! This was a local home bargains in stoke.

6. February 22, 2013 / 12:38 pm

Regarding the amount of oil, as long as you like it that's all the matters 🙂

• February 22, 2013 / 12:40 pm

Haha indeed. It seems products with a lesser amount of oil in suit my hair a lot better for some reason :/

7. February 22, 2013 / 12:30 pm

It's got a lot of silicones in, judging by the ingredients, which probably is why it makes your hair feel so nice x

• February 22, 2013 / 12:40 pm

Yeah I just read up on silicones, interesting. People either love them or hate them!

• February 22, 2013 / 4:20 pm

I think it depends on what suits your hair best! Like you said below products with less oil suit your hair better so your hair probably reacts well to silicone! Mine doesn't, it makes it lank and greasy looking (and also whenever I straighten my hair I worry that I'm somehow fusing the plastic into it but that's just me being paranoid haha!)

• February 22, 2013 / 4:22 pm

I think it just depends on what your hair links! Like you said below your hair doesn't suit products with loads of oil on so you're probably best off with silicone based conditioners. Silicone makes my hair all lank and greasy 🙁 and also I get worried I'm somehow fusing the plastic into my hair when I straighten it but that could just be me being paranoid! But on the other hand I can use pure oil like olive oil or whatever as a hair mask and it washes out all shiny and silky.

• February 25, 2013 / 10:54 pm

I don't use heat on my hair which has made a vast improvement over time as silicone does burn it from the inside out!