Specs Appeal

Ah, eyesight. How I wish you were more like me – perfect in every way (I jest, of course). I have a eyesight prescription to battle that of a small rodent, I can only see my hand in front of my face if it’s positioned very very closely. Last time I had my eye’s tested the results came in at a whopping -5.5 which is more blurred than the appropriateness of a Robin Thicke video. Recently I was contacted by Specs Post to see if I would like to sample some of their frames and choose one to be made up in to real life glasses that I can actually see out of! They sent me 5 frames to try, which was brilliant. The problem I find with choosing frames at the opticians is that you just don’t feel *comfortable* with people around having a gander at you trying on the most ridiculous styles known to man. Specs Post has a nice selection of nerdy geek glasses which are totes on trend darling right now and even have some petite glasses for if you have a tiny child head (which I don’t). I chose a few styles and they sent them over within a day, all I need to do now is choose the style to send them all back and have my prescription lenses popped in.
I’m definitely steering more towards the last two pairs. I like the tortoiseshell the most, but I think the light brown ones suit me better. The brown ones are also called ‘Charlie Brown’ on the website, which makes me love them even more haha. I’m hoping the larger lens area makes my eyes look a little less mole like when they’re finished, as with my prescription being so strong the lenses often make my eyes look really tiny and weird compared to those big ol’ cheeks of mine. At least if my theory works I can give my eyes a rest from contact lenses occasionally in public.
What do you reckon? Which ones would you choose?

1. September 18, 2013 / 7:36 am

I was looking at those a little bit, but my prescription is a bit too funky for them, -6 on one eye and -7 on the other 🙁

2. September 15, 2013 / 10:10 pm

I really like the first pair, they really suit your face.
    😀

Emily / Glittery Teacups

3. September 15, 2013 / 7:30 pm

I absolutely love the last pair, that suit you so well.
    I do quite like the idea of trying glasses on in my own home instead of in the opticians, as you said people do watch you and judge you on the glasses that you pick up! xx

Leanne – A Slice of My Life

4. September 15, 2013 / 7:03 pm

I love the Charlie Brown ones, but that might be because it's also my little brother's name (yeah, my parents are cruel/awesome) xx

5. September 15, 2013 / 7:03 pm

I love the first pair!

Becky
    xx

6. September 15, 2013 / 6:28 pm

Haha I blogged about glasses today too. Awk.

The last ones – definitely the last ones.

7. September 15, 2013 / 6:20 pm

I think pairs 3 and 4 are super cute and really suit you, steering more towards pair 4.

My eyesight is terrible as well, i tend to stick to the thick, black rim glasses but more in the shape of pair 2, my trusty nerd specs.

:)x

8. September 15, 2013 / 6:07 pm

I LOVE the first & last ones chick. The first are really quirky 🙂
    & you really suit all of them to be fair! – my nose is too small to support glasses so mine always tend to slip down the bridge giving me a very unwanted "secretary" or "librarian" look!

Kerys | Little Bo Blab