Nivea In-Shower Death Trap

UK blog review of the Nivea In-Shower Moisturiser

I was really excited to get my dry scaly summery BODY on the new Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser. I’m the laziest person in the world when it comes to moisturising after a shower, so to skip that step and just get some moisture on my skin whilst IN the shower seemed like a pretty good idea to me. Not to mention, seeing an abundance of blog reviews of the Nivea In-Shower Moisturiser praising how great it was kinda sealed the deal too. I chose the Nourishing Cocoa version because it smelt the better out of the two to choose from on the shelf – but in retrospect it kinda smells like babies. I don’t know if this is a good or bad thing to smell of a baby when you’re an adult, actually no, scrap that; it’s a bit weird, but it’s not an offensive smell non the less. The product itself is alright. It makes your skin quite soft and supple without creating a horrid film-like or greasy feeling, but you do find yourself using a lot of it to make sure you cover your entire body and I found myself using more than I would just using a moisturiser post shower. Although the product itself itsn’t too bad, and probably worth about £2.50 or whatever I paid for it, the main downside is that this stuff is a slippery slidey DEATH TRAP and gunks up your drains something rotten. I only realised after the second use when I nearly fell when I stepped in to the bath for a shower that it was this which made it so slippery. I then noticed that the water wasn’t running down the plug hole properly and on closer inspection it was because this had clung around the hole. Even after cleaning, the bottom of the bath still remained slightly slippy in places, and living on my own I DON’T WANNNNAAA DIEEEE IN THE SHOWEERRRR. So I won’t be using this any more, as it’s kinda not worth it. Maybe I’m just being paranoid, but regardless of the slip factor the cloggy drain part is a bit annoying too. And for god’s sake do not buy this for any elderly relatives, it’s a Daily Mail story waiting to happen.

1. July 30, 2014 / 9:08 pm

hahahaha I feel like you are exaggerating and you wouldn't really die but you actually might

• July 30, 2014 / 9:19 pm

All it would take is one slip Victoria, combined with a hitting my head on that glass shower door thing and my lifeless body could be lying there for weeks. Kitty would also die of starvation after nobody discovers my body.

2. July 30, 2014 / 9:08 pm

CRIPES. Maybe I'll pass on this one then, I'm such a lazy moisturiser too! This should probably come with a health warning haha.

Tara x

• July 30, 2014 / 9:20 pm

It seemed like such a good idea, but it's like Bambi on Ice trying to stand in the bath afterwards.

3. July 30, 2014 / 9:23 pm

Hahaha whenever I see this on the TV I wondered whether it would be a good thing, the lotion going down the drain that is… and evidently not. Great review! x

• July 30, 2014 / 9:27 pm

Yeah it's a thick and gloopy consistency that really sticks to the plughole and drains! But it's alright for moisturising your skin. I guess if you lived with your parents it'd be fine though, they can sort blocked drains haha.

4. July 30, 2014 / 9:55 pm

Haha I'm also always paranoid about slipping in the shower and hitting my head or breaking my spine and DIE! At one point in life I used to scrub myself sitting down! Crazy I know lol
    Great writing 🙂

• August 10, 2014 / 6:08 pm

Hahaha! Scrubs are renowned for causing shower deaths I'm sure 😉

5. July 31, 2014 / 7:31 am

I freaking hate the idea of this product, you can't moisturise with your body wash it's absolute bollocks! If it's gunking up the drain then imagine the impact on the water & environment……argh! makes me so mad ……okay rant over lol

• August 10, 2014 / 6:09 pm

It really is a gunky one. Maybe if I lived with my parents still so they could clean the shower and drains it would be alright! Haha.

• August 10, 2014 / 6:09 pm

It does make your skin all soft and nice, but living alone I think I need to prioritize life over soft skin hahahaha

6. July 31, 2014 / 10:31 am

I worry about this kind of thing atm last thing I want to do is slip over when pregnant.

• August 10, 2014 / 6:10 pm

Eep! Maybe a non slip shower matt for extra piece of mind would be good.

7. July 31, 2014 / 3:01 pm

I have the extra dry version and it's a win-win at the moment, means I can feel less guilty for not moisturizing plus I get to spend longer in the shower!

• August 10, 2014 / 6:10 pm

It is an ok product in itself without the slippery factor.

8. August 2, 2014 / 7:45 pm

I laughed out loud at this title – it sounds like a heavy metal band. I've had like 3 bottles of this and it just doesn't work on my lizard skin.. So annoyed as everyone raves about it, feel like I'm missing out.

Danniella x

• August 10, 2014 / 6:11 pm

People really are going on about it. That's the only reason I bought it!

9. August 3, 2014 / 3:24 pm

Haven't tried this one but funnily enough Olay do something similar and it is really good! I haven't tried it in the shower despite what the bottle says, I used mine in the bath and it was impressive.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

• August 10, 2014 / 6:12 pm

I haven't tried it in the barn yet but maybe that will prevent the whole slipping and dying thing

10. August 3, 2014 / 7:21 pm

Death Trap indeed! I am sooo clumsy in the shower, I would die after/during the first use…

• August 10, 2014 / 6:14 pm

Me too! When I was stepping out I had to really concentrate!

11. August 7, 2014 / 12:06 pm

I like this nivea in-shower thingy but my god, i almost did the split when I first used it and didn't wash away the excess off the bath tub. ha ha! I gave a bottle to my mum and I kept telling her "PLEASE BE CAREFUL. YOU HAVE TO WASH IT OFF THE BATH TUB BEFORE YOU GET OUT" x

• August 10, 2014 / 6:14 pm

I wonder if there is a warning on the bottle?! I haven't looked but if not there bloody should be!