‘Observe. Explore. Experiment.’
There’s nothing I love more than a good tagline.
And with the above being the tagline for Bluedot Festival, it ticks all the boxes for giving you an insight in to what to expect at this space and science themed musical weekend.
But what EXACTLY is Bluedot Festival?
Bluedot is a festival that not only bring music to your ears but KNOWLEDGE TO YOUR BRAINS.
With headliners this year including Chemical Brothers and The Flaming Lips, they also have talks from leading scientists such as Richard Dawkins, alongside comedy from Cassetteboy and Simon Munnery
There is literally something for everyone.
The festival itself is also working closely with Jodrell Bank to ensure some greener and more ethical initiatives are put in to place this year. This includes:
- 0% of waste will be going to landfill
- Banning single-use plastics at the festival
- All food waste will be split from other waste across the site, to then be composted
- Frank Water will be onsite offering a water refill service with freshly chilled, filtered water
- Encouraging festival goers to take their own refillable water bottle for use onsite
- Alternative sustainable power supplies brought onsite to replace diesel generators in some areas
- All onsite water sales will be in the form of Can O Water instead of single use plastic water bottles
- Roaming as well as static water refill stations encouraging festival goers to refill instead of purchasing water.
So plenty of ways to stay hydrated, lower your carbon footprint and have fun!
Where and When is Bluedot Festival?
In the heart of Cheshire!
At the Jodrell Bank space centre to be exact. You might even recognise it from this Placebo video:
The festival takes place from the 19th until the 22nd July 2018.
Who is playing Bluedot Festival?
As mentioned, headliners this year are:
The Chemical Brothers
The Flaming Lips
and Future Islands.
Also playing the weekend is: Gary Numan, Unkle, and The Blue Planet in concert with Halle.
There are also plenty of DJ sets, talks, comedians and activities to do throughout the weekend.
Check out the full line up here: https://www.discoverthebluedot.com/lineup
How can I get ticket to Bluedot Festival 2018?
Simply head to the Bluedot Website.
You can pick up full weekend, camping and day tickets all on their official website.
If you are looking to buy tickets from a secondary ticket site then I would only trust Twickets, as they are officially partnering with venues and artists to ensure consumers don’t get ripped off! They also don’t allow for tickets to be sold for more than face value.